Publisher FuRyu and developer Aquria shared the opening movie for CRYMACHINAtheir newly revealed single-player action RPG.
Some new details were shared (via Games Jouhou) in the livestream alongside new battle gameplay:
- The concept is to attack and defend with exhilaration and catharsis. In combat, players can switch between melee and long-range attacks while continuing to perform exhilarating combos, and they can experience the catharsis of using just evasion and counterattacks to defeat enemy attacks.
- By defeating enemies, players can collect “family devices,” weapons that float on the character’s back. The combination of more than 70 different types of “household machines,” which differ in appearance and performance, can be changed from left to right, and the skills and status can be adjusted to match the player’s strategy by adding items called “shiso,” which are enhancements to the character.
- Some of the enemies retain human mental data called personality data, which can be analyzed to obtain items that are advantageous in battle and episodes related to the personality data.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus the livestream archive and the opening movie:
In a world where humans went extinct thousands of years ago, synthetic beings known as Shinki have been tasked to bring mankind back. Join three EVE, the recreated psyches of deceased humans instilled in synthetic bodies, as they seek their full-fledged humanity and explore Eden to discover the secrets hidden within.
Flashy, action-packed combat paired with in-depth weapon customization creates a visually stunning RPG experience. Dark scenery and striking sci-fi visuals bring the world of CRYMACHINA to life.
CRYMACHINA is an action RPG where mechanical girls strive to survive in a post-apocalyptic world to become “Real Humans.”. But what does it mean to be a “Real Human”?
Join the three playable main characters as they fight in fast-paced action RPG combat featuring a myriad of tactics to customize your weapons and challenge your foes.
This heartwarming story of love, told by synthetic beings, will pull at the strings of your biological heart.
See for yourself whether happy catharsis awaits these mechanical girls as they cry, struggle, and overcome their fate.
In modern times, a strange disease runs rampant. A young girl named Lebel Distel who teeters on the brink of death hears a mysterious voice–”You have been chosen.” Though taken by darkness, Leben awakens to find herself in a dark, post-apocalyptic world and is greeted by an android named Enoa.
Leben finds herself in Eden, the Propagation Plant, where machines continue to operate with the goal of creating “Real Humans” to restore humanity. Guided by Enoa, Leben becomes entangled in the battle to become a “Real Human.”
- “Humans get a gold star.” Enoa (voiced by Hikaru Tono)
- “Humans are stupid.” Leben Distel (voiced by Risa Tsumugi)
- “Humans should live in a cool way.” Mikoto Chigiku (voiced by Ruriko Aoki)
- “Family makes us human.” Ami Shito (voiced by Minami Takahashi)
Venture between the battlegrounds of Eden and the safe haven of the Imitation Garden. Within Eden, face exhilarating and cathartic battles against mechanical enemies and discover the unknowns of the dark world.
Then return to your base, the Imitation Garden, to relax, customize your weapons, and enjoy lighthearted and heartwarming conversations between the girls.
- #CLASSY: Destroy larger than life foes with flashy, action-packed RPG combat that flows seamlessly between exploration.
- #STYLISH: Eye-catching visuals are supported with alluring sci-fi artwork from @Rolua_N and @Yoshi6054, bringing the bleak, dark world of CRYMACHINA to life!
- #STRONG: This emotional story dives deep into the qualities of humans and pushes players to question their perception of humanity.
Editor’s Note: Around 55:35 mark
CRYMACHINA is launching on July 6th in Japan across Nintendo Switch, PS4, and PS5 and sometime this fall in the west on the aforementioned platforms, plus PC (via Steam). The game will feature Japanese spoken audio and English subtitles.