Despite the ongoing drama behind ex-Disco Elysium staff, the game’s Final Cut just received a Collage Mode via a new update.
The new Collage Mode update is now available for its PC version and is coming to the console versions “over the coming days.”
“Collage Mode is an incredible tool that puts the characters, environments, and visual effects from Disco Elysium into the hands of all the players to create original art,” said Kaspar Tamsalu, Art Director at ZA/UM Studio. “It also allows you to examine our brush strokes up close and lets you pose and twirl the character models as if they were toys in the palm of your hand. You can really see up close how the artists came together to create the game’s distinctive look, which extends to brand new art we made specifically for this mode.”
“This latest update offers a completely new way to explore the world of Disco Elysium as it’s simultaneously a doll house, a blank canvas, and a storytelling machine,” said Chris Priestman, the Collage Mode Lead. “We made this for our hugely talented fans as we’ve spent years admiring everything they create, from luscious paintings to memorable short stories and amazing cosplay — now we hope there will be much more! We only ask that they please go easy on Kim Kitsuragi, he can only take so much love.”
Here’s a rundown on the new mode, plus a new trailer:
In Collage Mode, players have the ability to create and set the scene in and around Martinaise. They will have full access to characters, environments, effects, and custom dialogue to create the screenshots that they have always desired and fabricate completely new dramas from unforgivable punch-ups to fruity yet forbidden kisses.
- PLACE AND POSE – Place, rotate, and resize your favorite characters across the game’s painterly environments and then pick from a range of silly and sensible poses to strike.
- WRITE DIALOG – Create a whole story with a single image by entering custom text that can be placed anywhere and even make it look authentic by using the FELD dialogue reel.
- BE AESTHETIC – Bring out your inner Art Cop by applying weird and wonderful filters; choosing from rain, fog, and snow; as well changing the time of day to capture the exact mood you’re after.
- STICK ‘EM UP- Put gloves and guns in unsuspecting hands with a huge collection of items and clothing stickers or add extra style with new and extraordinary art from our talented collaborators.
- GET FRAMED – Finish up by choosing a frame to wrap up your fantasy with audacious themes such as Kim Catsuragi, F**k The World, Visual Calculus, and Building Communism.
- BONUS! SECRETS TO FIND – Hunt for never-before-seen scenes from across Martinaise history if you’ve got a keen enough eye for it and enjoy a velvety new voiceover from the game’s narrator.
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut has been available for Windows PC, Mac (via Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Switch. In case you missed it, you can find our thorough review for the game here.