FromSoftware has released the latest update for Elden Ring, and along with ray-traced ambient occlusion and shadows, it contains several balance adjustments for PvP and PvE. Inescapable Frenzy players in PvP, good news – the power and grab of the Incantation have increased.
The same goes for Lifesteal Fist, which also gained more range. Otherwise, it’s nerfs galore in PvP. Jumping two-handed attacks, Founding Rain of Stars, Terra Magica, Wave of Gold, Determination, Royal Knight’s Resolve – all have seen nerfs.
General balance looks good, with an invincibility window now in effect when respawning in the Colosseum. The scaling of Magic, Fire, Flame Art, Lightning and Sacred attributes when infusing some Ashes of War has also been increased. Flails have also seen several buffs, like increased speed for some attacks, reduced recovery time, and increased poise for two-handed attacks.
Check out some of the changes below and the full patch notes here.
Elden Ring – Patch Notes Version 1.09
PvP-exclusive balance adjustments
The adjustments in this section do not affect single-player or cooperative play.
- The Inescapable Frenzy incantation power and grab angle have been increased.
- The Lifesteal Fist skill power, range and grab angle have been increased.
- Decreased the power of two-handed jumping attacks.
- Decreased the power of heavy and heavy running attacks of Fist and Claw weapon types.
- Decreased the power of the Founding Rain of Stars spell.
- Decreased the spell enhancement effect of the Terra Magica spell.
- Decreased the damage and poise damage of the Wave of Gold skill when hitting an opponent over a certain distance.
- Decreased the effectiveness of the Determination and Royal Knight’s Resolve skills.
- Decreased the effects of the Contagious Fury skill of the Jellyfish Shield.
- Decreased the effectiveness of the Claw Talisman.
- Decreased the effectiveness of the Lord of Blood’s Exultation Talisman.
- Decreased the attack power buff granted by the White Mask head armor.
- Decreased the jumping attack damage buff granted by the Raptor’s Black Feathers armor.
- Decreased the damage buff granted by Magic-Shrouding Cracked Tear, Flame-Shrouding Cracked
- Tear, Lightning-Shrouding Cracked Tear, and Holy-Shrouding Cracked Tear when activated with the Flask of Wondrous Physick.
General balance adjustments
- Added an invincibility window when respawning in the colosseum.
- Increased the scaling of the following attributes when infusing weapons with certain Ashes of War: Magic / Fire / Flame Art / Lightning / Sacred
- Increased the attribute scaling of the following weapon types: Colossal Sword / Great Ax / Hammer / Flail / Great Hammer / Colossal Weapon
- Increased the speed, range and recovery time of some attacks for the following weapon types: Great Hammer / Great Ax / Great Sword / Curved Greatsword
- Flail weapons changes:
– Increased the speed of some attacks.
– Reduced attack recovery time.
– Increased poise when using two-handed attacks.
- Increased running attacks speed and reduced attack recovery time for the following weapon types: Straight Sword / Curved Sword / Katana / Twinblade Sword / Ax / Hammer / Halberd
- Increased the first attack speed for the following weapon types: Straight Sword / Curved Sword / Whip
- Increased the speed of guard counters for the following weapon types: Straight Sword / Great Sword / Colossal Sword / Great Curved Sword / Katana / Twinblade Sword / Ax / Great Ax / Flail / Great Hammer / Spear / Great Spear / Halberd
- Reduced the attack recovery time for Whip weapons.
- Increased the damage of Claw weapons.
- Added Holy damage and Faith scaling to the Great Club.
- Increased damage negation when blocking Holy damage and decreased damage negation when blocking damage from other affinities.
- Increased the effectiveness of the Twinblade Talisman.
- Slightly reduced rolling travel distance for light equipment weights.
- Decreased the hitbox size for some attacks of the following weapon types: Thrusting Sword / Heavy thrusting Sword / Spear / Great Spear / Halberd