Tango Gameworks’ fifth update for Hi-Fi Rush is now live with the Arcade Challenge! Update! It adds two new modes – BPM Rush! and Power Up! Tower Up! – available after the story. The former sees players battling continuous waves of enemies as the speed continually increases.
PowerUp! Tower Up! is a Rhythm Tower challenge and sees players taking on enemies and earning upgrades after each round. Your score multiplier drops, but taking on negative modifiers called Bugs will increase it. Either balance both to advance further or stack all the Bugs to get the highest score possible.
There are also new challenges to complete, which unlock new outfits for Chai and Korsica, filters and poses for Photo Mode, and more. The update also includes several fixes, like a crash on PC that could occur after successfully parrying Korisca. A checklist is also available for the SPECTRA room hubs.
Check out the full notes below. Hi-Fi Rush is available for PC and Xbox Series X/S.
UPDATE 5 PATCH NOTES
In addition to launching the Arcade Challenge! Update!, Update 5 also includes fixes and enhancements for Hi-Fi RUSH, including:
- Adjusted the menu in the Training Room to avoid accidentally returning to the Hideout. Now, returning to the Hideout requires you to hold the cancel button while in the Training Room menu.
- (Track 06) Fixed an issue where a successful Rhythm Parry against Korsica would result in a game crash
- (Track 09) Addressed an issue where the FPS would lock at 60FPS for the remainder of the Mimosa fight following the guitar-playing musical interlude section.
- (Track 10) Fixes an issue where the player could still control Chai at the end event of Roquefort’s second phase and potentially fall out of the arena as Phase 3 of the fight begins.
- (Track 12) Fixed a rare issue where a successful Rhythm Parry against Kale’s Phase 1 end sequence would result in a game crash
- Addressed a collision issue with the “Holo-Chai” Special Attack that could prevent player progress when the decoy is deployed out of bounds during combat. It seems that even a hologram of Chai is still capable of screwing things up…
- Fixed an issue where Partner Assists could become locked in “aiming mode” when pressing Alt+Tab during gameplay
- Added support for scrolling with the mouse wheel when reading Vlogs for a smooth and refreshing Vlog reading experience.
- SPECTRA room hubs now feature a collectable checklist!
- Additional whiteboard markers have been allocated to CNMN’s personal stash.