Vondel is the latest map in the ever-growing DMZ trendy Warzone 2. Players have been working hard and unearthing the new locale’s secrets. One of those is how to get the Vondel Weapon Case in Warzone 2 DMZ. Fortunately, it’s not too hard once you know how, and this strategy works for solo and squad play. If you’re struggling to tackle Vondel with basic armor, check out our guide on Barter Vest Recipes.
How to get Vondel Weapon Case in Warzone 2 DMZ
To get the Vondel Weapon Case in Warzone 2 DMZyou have to defeat the Bullfrog. The Bullfrog is the armored transport that patrols the map and is visible on the map thanks to the Weapon Case marker. This vehicle isn’t in play until 17 mins 30 seconds are left on the mission timer, which works in our favor. By this time, the map will usually have fewer players to worry about, and you have time to prepare. Before you dive in, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Don’t try and stop the Bullfrog with a vehicle. If you attempt the block the boss’s path, it will instantly destroy anything it runs into.
- The Bullfrog drops mines if you chase it. The first time I beat the Bullfrog, my squad did it in a vehicle, and we kept our distance. It’s possible but not advisable.
- You must extract the Weapon Case to unlock the rewards. Even if you beat the Bullfrog, it’s all for nothing if you don’t exfil.
How to beat the Bullfrog
As I mentioned, you can chase the Bullfrog in an armored vehicle and shoot it with everything you have. If you keep your distance, the bombs it drops won’t be an issue.
The smarter approach is to wait on a street corner for the Bullfrog to approach. When it’s near, use a DDOS. This strategy stops the boss in its tracks for a few seconds. While disabled, you can vault on top of the vehicle and shoot it from relative safety. The Bullfrog has no way to hurt you if you’re on the roof, although you will still get shot at when it drives past enemies. As long as you have plenty of Ammo for the trip, you can make short work of the most formidable enemy on the entire map.
Can I damage the Bullfrog with bullets?
The Bullfrog takes damage from all weapons, whether explosive or gunfire. Shooting an armored vehicle with bullets in games is usually counter-intuitive, but in DMZgo wild!
What’s in the Vondel Weapons Case?
Now you know how to defeat the Bullfrog, the next question worth asking is, should you? You’ll need to beat the boss six times to earn every reward; these are what you’re fighting for:
- Neptune’s Wake Vehicle Skin
- First Mission Calling Card
- Shark Attack Calling Card
- Speeder Emblem
- Steady Approach Loading Screen
- Between the Eyes SP-X 80 Blueprint
The Neptune’s Wake is a cool vehicle skin, but the SP-X 80 Blueprint is what most players will be after.