Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe debuted on top of Famitsu’s weekly charts for physical software sales in Japan earlier this month, and in the newest charts released by Famitsu, the game is still in pole position, making it three weeks in a row that the remastered release has held that position. It sold over 32,000 units in the region last week.
Koei Tecmo’s remaster of Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse has also debuted in the charts, with the Nintendo Switch version (coming in at No. 4) selling over 10,000 units and the PS4 version (No. 7) selling over 9,000 units, for collective sales of over 19,000. That falls below what 2021’s Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water sold in Japan on its debut (over 42,000 units) quite significantly.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynastywhich saw a somewhat disappointing debut last week, has fallen to ninth place, with its PS5 version selling over 8,0000 units.
Meanwhile, on the hardware front, the PS5 is once again the top selling console, as it has been for a number of weeks running now, with over 64,000 units sold. The Nintendo Switch follows behind in second place with over 59,000 units sold.
You can check out the full hardware and physical software charts for the weekend March 12 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe – 32.132 (283.744)
- [NSW] pokemon scarlet and Purple – 20,889 (4,929,287)
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 15,861 (3,934,627)
- [NSW] Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse – 10,712 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 10,430 (5,194,090)
- [NSW] lb – 9,080 (New)
- [PS4] Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse – 9,031 (New)
- [PS5] Hogwarts Legacy – 9.017 (148.552)
- [PS5] Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty – 8.411 (38.543)
- [NSW] Octopath Traveler 2 – 7.739 (75.819)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- PS5- 64,869 (78,412)
- Nintendo Switch- 59.901 (66.525)
- Xbox Series X/S – 2,887 (848)