Publisher Atari and Cris Tales developer Dreams Uncorporated have announced Lunar Lander Beyonda new reimagining of the classic 1970s arcade game.
The newly reimagined arcade game is coming in the first half of 2024 across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PS4, and PS5.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
As a newly appointed captain of the Pegasus corporation, you must guide a roster of colorful pilots, eclectic advisors and state-of-the-art landers through a taxing series of missions. Deliver cargo, retrieve resources, and rescue stranded pilots as you navigate a mysterious universe of moons and planets.
It’s a thankless job, replete with tension and danger, and it takes a psychological toll on your crew. But someone has to keep this unseen lifeblood of the interplanetary economy moving.
When a mysterious portal appears, leading to a strange, unexplored planet, you will find you are on a collision course with some sinister truths that lie unseen behind the universe. Poor flying and fatigue will stress your pilots, and can lead to sensory illusions … the bane of long-haul solo pilots. They may start to see things that may not be real – is that a mine or a fish? And what’s with those celestial pink elephants?!
With multiple pilots, four ships and a dozen upgrades to collect, you can get the job done if you can manage it all … if not, the stakes are high, and not just for your career.
- Beautiful Art – A luxurious sci-fi landscape in Dreams Uncorporated’s unique, hand-drawn style.
- Deep Campaign – Tackle 30 missions across five moons and planets: Nueva Luna, Mars, Venus, Ganymede, and the mysterious Etimus.
- Difficulty Settings – Four difficulty levels, with the highest one, insane, raising the stakes with permadeath.
- Customization – Countless pilot options, with procedurally generated characters and attributes, four unique ships, and a dozen upgrades to equip.
- Don’t Go Mad – Keep your wits about you – rising stress will lead to hallucinations and space madness!