Today EA Sports announced the release date and more details of this year’s release of the popular Madden NFL football franchise, Madden NFL 24.
The game will launch on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S on August 18 promising feature parity and cross-play on current generation consoles (I mean PS5 and Xbox Series X|S if you’re wondering) and pc.
We also get the reveal of the cover star, with Josh Allen becoming the first Buffalo Bills Players to appear on a Madden NFL Cover.
Below you can watch the reveal trailer.
We also get some gameplay details for the current generation versions.
- Hit Everything: New contested catch tackles provide more control to play the receiver and new tackle types like: Wrap tackles, Scoop tackles and all-new Hit-Stick animations add personality and more variety on defense. Dynamic branching tech now expands to blocking as well.
- Skill Based Passing: Skill Based Passing makes throwing and catching feel more fluid. An overhauled catching system ensures that receivers consistently maintain their momentum when catching the ball. It feels better than ever to hit a receiver in stride, giving you more control to get loose and get up-field after the catch. A variety of new passing and catching animations capture the authenticity that players expect – dive catches, no-look passes and some game-changing moments never before seen in Madden.
- Foundational Football: Enhancements across blocking, ball carrier pathfinding, quarterback decision making and defensive back behaviors not only provide confidence your AI teammates will execute your gameplan the way you intend, but also deliver an authentic challenge. An all-new post-play engine brings the emotion of an NFL game to life through more realistic reactions and more emotive celebrations and frustrations.
- Superstar Mode: Superstar returns with modernized versions of beloved experiences like your journey through the NFL Combine and Road To The Draft. New additions like 3v3 Superstar Showdown give fans the ability to live their NFL fantasy with friends.
- Mini-Games: Test your skills with dozens of new mini-games, including moving obstacles and destructible targets in Franchise training camp or weekly strategy; every week in Superstar Mode; and playable from the main menu.
- Franchise: Added depth in one of the most popular Madden NFL modes addresses top community requests like contract restructuring, trade improvements and deeper customization to name a few. Plus, mini-games are back with training camp and weekly training.
Pre-orders are already available, including a Deluxe Edition. Those who pre-order will get 3-day early access, 4600 Madden Points, dual-entitlement to upgrade to the current-gen versions, and more. Pre-ordering the deluxe edition also grants a player item from the AKA Ultimate Team Program.
The press release includes a comment from Senior Producer Mike Mahar.
We set a new foundation for football gameplay with the introduction of FieldSENSE last year, which was one of the best-selling years in Madden NFL franchise history, and we’re going even deeper in the areas our fans want most in Madden NFL 24. We’ve added more ways to play with mini-games and Superstar, more realism through FieldSENSE, deeper immersion with dozens of foundational football improvements and the introduction of SAPIEN Technology – all of which bring the game closer to what fans see from the NFL.
We also hear from cover star Josh Allen.
As a fan of Madden NFL since childhood, I’m honored to be the first Buffalo Bills player on the cover, and I wouldn’t have gotten here without the support of my team and Bills Mafia. Superstar and mini-games are back in Madden, and I’m really excited for fans to see how the experiences have evolved.”