Third-party developers released new screenshots of an upcoming relevant airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator and released scenery and aircraft add-ons.
We start with Pacific Islands Simulation, which provided new screenshots and a development update of its upcoming Salt Lake City International Airport (KSLC). The developer has achieved the following over the past two weeks:
- Added cargo terminals (UPS, Fedex and DHL) at airfield’s north-end.
- Updated/improved Delta, Skywest and Southwest cargo terminals with airside support equipment, containers, etc. (You’re covered, freight dogs).
- Added airside support equipment to all airline gates.
- Built a brand new airside support vehicle library to be used in future US airport projects.
- Improved ground texture work with tire and oil-spill marks.
- Introduced orthoimagery ground texture for the entire airport area. KSLC in real life has green grass (Spring/Summer) not brown grass all year-round as in default scenery.
- Created AI vehicle paths to properly track designated roads around the airport. No more vehicles on aircraft taxiways and/or crossing runways.
Moving on to releases, we start with a landmark city package for Istanbul, the capital of Turkey, including the following.
- Over 100 custom hand build buildings
- night textures
- PBR textures
- Compatible with SceneryTR Istanbul Airport LTFM
It’s available from AC Scenery on Simmarket for $10.32 plus applicable VAT. In a week, the launch discount will expire and that price will raise to $12.89.
Next, Romantic Wings released the Mil Mi-8/17 transport helicopter, including the Mil Mi-8T version. It comes with 11 liveries in 8k resolution and lettering in English and Russian for the cockpit.
It’s available on Simmarket for $31.50 plus applicable VAT.
Lastly, T0ken Design released Vernon Regional Airport in Canada. You can find it on Simmarket for $10.25 plus applicable VAT.
It comes with the following features.
- 30+ Hand-modeled 3D buildings throughout the airport
- Main airport building terminal with sign
- CYVK rose compass texture
- Okanagan College Aerospace Campus hangar
- Custom runway with correct aprons & night lighting
- Redrawn taxiways, added missing lines and markings
- Multiple aircraft parked in correct parking areas
- Corrected and masked ground textures and terrain features
- Hand-modeled & textured fuel tanks
- Parked cars, airport vehicles, painted car parking spaces and blocks, picnic tables, fences, vegetation and other random
- objects added at correct spots for more realism
- Helipads at accurate locations with cold & dark starts
- Custom taxiway signs
- Vernon pickleball & sports buildings. baseball fence
- Up to 4K high detail PBR textures
Earlier this week, Microsoft revealed their plans for World Update 13, which will be Oceania, and shared new details and footage about the upcoming ATR 42/72-600.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is currently available for PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox Cloud Gaming, including Game Pass. If you’d like to learn more, you should stay tuned on TechRaptor as we have daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news to keep you updated on the many add-ons coming and released for the sim. We have also recently interviewed Microsoft’s Jorg Neumann about the Antonov An-225 “Mriya” and reviewed Orbx’s Oslo Gardermoen Airport and RHDSimulations’ Boeing 767-300ER.