Today developer Clapperheads and publisher Heart Core announced a new first-person co-op horror game titled Do You See Sparky?.
The game mixes a super-creepy toy-like villain and social deduction elements inspired by Phasmophobia and Poppy’s Playtime, and challenges the player to find out what kind of monster hides behind Sparky’s cute appearance. It’s coming to PC with no release date announced.
There are 16 potential monsters and finding out which one is the culprit is key to making it out alive. One player starts the game market and Sparky will automatically be attracted by them. The only way to escape is to pass the mark to another player, but, of course, that also comes with its own risks.
The press release included a comment by Heart Core co-founder Kirill Zolovkin.
We’re thrilled to unveil the creepy world of Do You See Sparky? for the first time and we hope that players are ready to face some terror together. Do You See Sparky? is our love letter to this genre, mixed with our affinity for shows like Stranger Things, and we have exciting plans and a deeper look at the game coming in the future.
If you’re unfamiliar with Clapperheads, it’s a multinational studio made of developers from Bulgaria, Ukraine, the UK, USA, Uzbekistan, Latvia, Kazakhstan, and Thailand, and includes veterans who worked on Hello Neighbor: Diaries, never again and Seize.
You can check out the announcement trailer and a list of features below.
- PvE-vile: One-to-four players must band together to hack terminals, solve puzzles, collect clues, and escape the terrifying clutches of Sparky. But be warned, the longer the game goes on, the faster Sparky gets!
- The Terror Within: The Sparky suit can be inhabited by dozens of different monsters, each with unique movement abilities and dietary preferences. Figuring out the right creature can mean the difference between life and death!
- Scoot Scoot!: What better way to flee for your life than with your very own scooter? I sure hope Sparky doesn’t know how to ride these things.
- I Don’t See Where You’re Coming From: One player starts the game marked and Sparky automatically gravitates towards them. The twist? The marked player can’t see Sparky, although they can pass on the mark to another player — if they play their cards right.
- I See Where You’re Going: Death isn’t the end as you can still spectate the game via security camera and help — or hinder — other players in their attempt to defeat Sparky.