last week, Resident Evil 4 Remake had an unsurprising chart-topping debut in the weekly Japanese retail charts, and as per the data released by Famitsu for this week, it has once again outsold the other games in the top 10. Though Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe has returned to the top of the charts with over 21,000 units sold, Resident Evil 4 Remake occupies the second and third places with its PS5 and PS4 versions, with collective sales of over 35,000 units.
Konami’s horse racing simulator Winning Post 10 has debuted in fourth position, selling over 12,000 units on the Nintendo Switch, while also occupying ninth place with its PS5 version, which sold over 7,000 units. Meanwhile, the rest of the top 10 sees plenty of evergreen sellers, including the likes of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, Splatoon 3, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Nintendo Switch Sports.
On the hardware front, there aren’t too many changes to speak of. The Nintendo Switch is once again the best-selling console of the week, having moved over 56,000 units, which is slightly higher than what it managed the previous week. The PS5 follows behind in second place, selling over 34,000 units.
You can check out the full hardware and physical software sales charts for the week ending April 2 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe – 21.014 (357.157)
- [PS5] Resident Evil 4 – 18.510 (108.172)
- [PS4] Resident Evil 4 – 16.604 (101.975)
- [NSW] Winning Post 10 – 12,979 (New)
- [NSW] pokemon scarlet and Purple – 12,426 (4,972,063)
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 10,762 (3,969,635)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 10,377 (5,224,493)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 8,133 (3,091,142)
- [PS5] Winning Post 10 – 7,144 (New)
- [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 7,101 (1,045,270)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- Nintendo Switch- 56,543 (53,781)
- PS5- 34,677 (38,964)
- Xbox Series X/S – 621 (583)