Capcom’s first DLC fighter for street fighter 6 is now available, with Rashid joining the roster. In addition to bringing his unique move set to the game’s Drive system, he’s also available as a Master in World Tour without purchasing the Year 1 Character Pass.
Along with Rashid, Capcom has released an update with bug fixes and other changes. Medium Kick no longer occurs during specific instances of performing a Drive Parry. The same issue could occur during the Super Art time freeze and Drive Rush but should now be fixed.
For the first hit of an Assisted Combo, there were issues where the buffered combo inputs wouldn’t register, or the second attack would occur even with only one input. These are now fixed, and it should be easier for all Control Styles to cancel a Drive Rush. Cancel Drive Rush can also be used if you miss a Light Attack.
Check out some of the adjustments below and full patch notes here. street fighter 6 is available for Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5 and PC. You can read our review for the base game here.
Battle Change List (24.07.2023)
- Fixed an issue where medium kick would suddenly be performed when a parry input was buffered or input during a time freeze and then released before the player was able to perform the parry.
- The above issue also occurred during a Drive Rush or Super Art time freeze, and has also been fixed for those cases.
Power Up Super Arts
- Fixed an issue where character behavior would become unnatural if hit by certain attacks at the exact moment that the power-up boost provided by this Super Art expired.
Assisted Combo (1st hit)
- Fixed an issue where buffered Assist Combo inputs would not register in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where the 2nd attack of an Assist Combo would be performed even though only the first input had been performed.
Cancel Drive Rush
In order to make it easier to perform a Cancel Drive Rush, adjustments have been made that allow the technique to be performed using the inputs below.
- Classic Controls: (Neutral or Forward) + Medium Punch + Medium Kick
- Modern Controls: (Neutral or Forward) + Parry button
Please note that no changes have been made to the forward, forward input or Parry Drive Rush.
Cancelable Light Attacks
- Adjustments have been made so that a Cancel Drive Rush can activate even when a light attack whiffs.
- This is an adjustment being added in conjunction with the additional Cancel Drive Rush inputs. The relaxing of the Drive Rush inputs paired too well with low-risk light attacks, and would have had a huge impact on fights if left as is. This adjustment has been made to address that.
- Please note that this adjustment is not just for the newly added Drive Rush inputs. The forward, forward input will also activate a Drive Rush on a light attack whiff.
Minor Bug Fixes
- Minor miscellaneous issues were fixed.