Electronic Arts and developer Capital Games (in cooperation with Middle-earth Enterprises) have released The Lord of the Rings: Heroes of Middle-earth for smartphones.
The new strategy RPG smartphone spinoff is now available for iOS (via the App Store) and Android (via Google Play) as a free-to-play title, with in-game microtransactions.
Here’s a rundown on the previously announced game, plus its launch trailer:
Fantasy and adventure come together in Lord of the Rings: Heroes of Middle-earth, a strategy RPG game based on the trilogy of books by JRR Tolkien. A New Ring has been discovered in Middle-earth that has the power to rewrite history. How the power is used is up to you. Will you wield it for good or will you succumb to evil?
Elves, wizards, and hobbits join together in a fresh visualization of a classic franchise. Build teams with your favorite fantasy characters from Lord of the Rings including Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee. Explore factions of Middle-earth never seen before and collect an assortment of characters ready for battle.
PvP or Story – pave the way for legendary battles and social competition in an epic turn-based strategy game. Adventure across Middle-earth and form a guild to help battle your foes. Squad battles can be used to tackle the warfront or challenge other rival guilds for glory.
Join the Fellowship and take your squad on adventures across Middle-earth. Legendary combat, new stories and the power of the New Ring. Download today and discover your alternate ending!
ENTER THE WORLD OF LoTR
- Battle in legendary wars for Middle-earth in an epic fantasy RPG
- Dwarves, elves, wizards, hobbits and men await to take up arms
- Adventure across Middle-earth & experience an alternate telling of Tolkien characters
- Classic heroes from the Lord of the Rings universe are yours to collect in this RPG game
- Role play as your favorite characters including Frodo, Sam, Éowyn and more
- Legends and characters can be upgraded through a deep, long-term progression system
- Explore factions of Middle-earth never before seen: Haradrim, additional Dúnedain and more
TURN BASED STRATEGY
- PvP, Story, PvE games and more – Hone your skills across multiple game modes
- Heroes with unique combat skills and abilities join forces in guilds
- Play to character relationships and personalities to advance your squad
- Strategy is required to unlock team-up attacks and synergy bonuses
- Squad battles determine success or failure in PvP games and more
- Heroes of Middle-earth are yours to command in turn based wars
- Battle in the warfront or defeat other rival guilds to level up your characters