Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty has you facing off against deadly opponents, one of whom happens to be Taotie. This gargantuan amalgamation of various creatures and pieces of flesh moves very slowly and packs quite a punch. Here’s our guide to help you beat Taotie in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty.
How to beat Taotie in Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Taotie is the boss you’ll fight in Centuries of Glory Burned Away, the eighth main mission/battlefield in the campaign. While your foe is quite huge, it’s also fairly easy to beat, as long as you pay attention to what’s going on. To beat Taotie in Wo Long: Fallen Dynastyyou’ll just need to avoid/deflect these abilities:
- Flame Spew – Lobs several globules that create patches of fire on the ground.
- Poison Spew – Similar to the above, but poison this time.
- Chaos Tendrils – Periodically causes tendrils to erupt from the ground.
- Meteorite – Throws up to three large projectiles in quick succession. The challenge here is (a) seeing them in case tendrils block your line of sight, and (b) timing your deflection due to the time it takes for the projectile to hit you. Each Meteorite that you deflect can be thrown back to the boss’ face for spirit damage.
- Power Fist or Power Stomp – The boss will primarily do a stomp if someone is close, or a fist smash if you’re further away.
- Leaping Smash – Jumps into the air and crashes back down.
- Rolling Pin – A new type of attack where it just bulldozes anyone in its path; cast during Phase 2.
The goal in the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Taotie boss fight is to counter hits to deplete the creature’s spirit meter. Once depleted, it’ll get stunned, and you’ll have to do a charged/spirit attack on a glowing pustule on its body. This will deal tremendous damage. Once the boss’ health has been depleted, you’ll reach Phase 2 of the fight. The same mechanics still apply, so just deflect and watch out for the pustules that you need to destroy:
- First stun: Eye – It’ll drop straight down on the ground, so you’ll be able to hit the eye quickly.
- Second stun: Shoulder – You’ll have to climb its limbs to reach the pustule.
- Third stun: Back – Again, you’ll have to jump up to reach this body part.
And, that’s it. No problem at all. You should be able to defeat the Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Taotie boss in no time.