It’s been years since we’ve been reporting on zero-G multiplayer shooter Boundary, and now the game is finally launching.
The tactical multiplayer space FPS is launching via early access for Windows PC (via Steam) on April 13th. The early access release will include the following content:
- A fully presented 6-DOF zero-gravity experience
- Full controller and mouse+keyboard support that’s constantly improving
- A complete progression system with 70 levels for players to go through
- Highly detailed maps (7+) and multiple classic game modes
- Daily, weekly, and monthly challenges for players to participate in
- User feedback and bug reporting systems
- Detailed character/weapon load-out customization
- Party and voice chat systems to allow for team coordination and playing with friends
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Boundary is a multiplayer tactical space-based shooter that puts players in the role of a heavily armed astronaut, called an Astroperator, engaging in fierce team vs team zero gravity firefights and executing low-gravity operations on orbiting space installations against other enemy Astrooperators and other entities.
- Redefining Zero-G Warfare – Powered by your EMU suit, you can now navigate the harsh atmosphere of space and orbiting installations in order to engage enemy combatants in a 3-dimensional battlefield where threats come at you from all angles. This is astronaut combat more akin to dogfighting where your angle of attack and position can make all the difference.
- Customize Your Weaponry – Personalize your protective space suit and your arsenal of modified weaponry. Be a keen-eyed sharpshooter executing long range kills from afar or get in close and personal as an Assaulter, taking the fight forward. Modify and upgrade your chosen primary weapon from a wide selection of stocks, grips, scopes, barrels, and ammo types to coordinate with your play style and create a weapon and class appearance unique to you.
- Space – a New Battlefield – Heavily inspired by real life industrial technology and space exploration, Boundary features a varied selection of multiplayer maps including a wreck strewn debris field, Solar Farm and so on. These maps provide Astrooperators with a range of diverse and challenging combat environments.
- Diversified Team Tactics – Weapon customization, multiple combat classes to choose from, including combat medics, snipers, support, and utilizing special devices like the grappling hook to help navigate complex map design will make your combat more unpredictable and challenging. Gain the tactical advantage and employ cunning strategies in multiplayer combat to gain the winning edge.